Cycle of Seminars with the CUIMPB-Centre Ernest Lluch
The Catalan Association of Public Universities (ACUP) has initiated a collaboration with the CUIMPB - Ernest Lluch Centre.
El CUIMPB Consotium Menéndez Pelayo Internacional Universitat of Barcelona - Ernest Lluch Centre
is made up of the Menéndez Pelayo International University (UIMP), the Barcelona Provincial Council, the Barcelona City Council and the Centre of Contemporary Culture of Barcelona, as a permanent centre of the Menéndez Pelayo International University (UIMP) in Barcelona. This university centre coordinates and develops the UIMP's own activities: a university centre of high culture, research and specialisation, in which activities from different fields and university specialities converge, and whose mission is to disseminate culture and science, as well as to promote international and inter-regional scientific and cultural exchange and information relations.
The ACUP participates in these seminars in their academic orientation and direction, bringing the debate to issues relevant to university and research policy and management. This series of seminars will seek to answer some of the questions that are being asked by the wider university community:
- What has university education been like at the beginning of the 21st century?
- How do we promote equity and equal opportunities in higher education?
- How can the principles of university autonomy and academic freedom be recovered?
- How can universities contribute to the realisation of the UN 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals?
- What are the profiles of teaching and research staff and how can we promote responsible and socially committed scientific research?
This cycle is framed in the context of the 3rd UNESCO Conference on Higher Education, which will be held in Barcelona from 18 to 20 May 2022.
The first of the Seminars will be held on Sunday 17 May in Aula 1 of the CCCB, Centre de Cultura Contemporània de Barcelona (Carrer Montalegre 5, Barcelona), CUIMP's permanent headquarters in Barcelona. The title of this first seminar is: "The Challenges of Higher Education and Scientific Research: How to Transform Universities".
Attendance at this first seminar is free of charge, but places are limited.
More information at: https://cuimpb.cat/es/curso/259-transformar-universidades-inaugural (in spanish)
You may also be interested in...
- We are facing a new world era, with realities such as economic globalisation, the climate emergency, shortcomings in the welfare state, the consolidation of knowledge as a critical factor of progress, new and old inequalities, the transformation of the world of work, the rise of populism and the...
- UNESCO's World Conference on Higher Education is held every 10 years. This year it leaves Paris for the first time and we are hosting it in Barcelona. UNESCO trusted ACUP/GUNi to make this event possible in our country. The digital media of the Barcelona City Council have interviewed the Executive...
The TEFCE Toolbox, an institutional self-reflection framework for community engagement in higher education, has been translated into 4 languages. In addition to being available in English, the TEFCE Toolbox is now available in Catalan, Croatian, German and Spanish. The EU-funded project Towards a...
Today’s societies are undergoing profound changes with clear consequences for the future. These environmental, scientific, technological, cultural and social transformations present momentous challenges in thinking and reflecting on the meaning and value of the human experience. These challenges can...