University Cooperation for Development
Catalan public universities promote recognition of the role of higher education in development and help create strong universities in partner countries.
The CUD Plan establishes the objectives and strategies for the coming years in the field of University Cooperation for Development and lays the foundations for strengthening the joint work of the different ACUP universities in this field.
Catalan universities have a long history of carrying out university development cooperation (CUD) projects. Over the years, these actions have become increasingly relevant and institutionalized within Catalan universities. Within the framework of the ACUP, CUD’s activities are worked on jointly through the Cooperation Working Group, which is part of the Social Responsibility Commission.
Within the framework of the project, the following initiatives were promoted:
- Country strategies Morocco and Mozambique
- Map of university cooperation
- CUD observatories
- ESDU - Education for sustainable development in universities
- University Cooperation Plan
The CUD initiatives are based on a process of reflection on the future of the Catalan CUD, maintained within the ACUP, which has resulted in the elaboration of the University Cooperation Plan 2011-2015 (CUD Plan). With this document, the universities that make up the ACUP reaffirm and promote their commitment to human and sustainable development. The main objective of the joint CUD strategy is to help increase university cooperation and improve its real impact on the institutional strengthening of universities and the development of partner countries and on raising awareness in society. The CUD Plan, in addition to establishing objectives and strategies for the coming years in the field of CUD, lays the foundations for strengthening the joint work of the different ACUP universities in the field of CUD.
Completed programs and projects
- University cooperation program with Africa
- Institutional Development and Training in University Management (DIGU)
- African Spanish Higher Education Management Platform
- IDEA - Doctoral Innovation in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Joint program of collaboration with higher education institutions in Haiti
You may also be interested in...
- The training week, organised by the Politecnico di Milano, was held at the premises of the Université Centrale Supélec in Paris-Saclay. The Politecnico di Torino and a number of Tunisian universities and institutions involved in the project, such as the ENIT of Tunis el Manar, the IGSi of Sfax, the...
- Barcelona, 13 May 2022- This morning, at a press conference held in the Pau Gil Hall of the Art Nouveau Site of San Pablo, the World Higher Education Week 2022, to be held from 16 to 20 May in Barcelona, was kicked off. This week has been timed to coincide with the UNESCO World Conference on Higher...
The Catalan Association of Public Universities (ACUP) has recently joined as an associate partner in the CHARM European University alliance, led by the University of Barcelona (UB). The CHARM-EU (Challenge-driven, Accessible, Research-Based and Mobile European University) is an accessible, mobile...
The FRAMES project (the ACUP is an Associate Partner) offers a free training offer during the month of May, open to participating institutions but also to anyone who is interested. This training will combine both synchronous sessions and personal work. “The ‘FRAMES Collaborative online Training on...