Call for Papers: EDEN’s 2018 Workshop Towards Personalized Guidance and Support for Learning
EDEN’s 2018 Workshop Towards Personalized Guidance and Support for Learning, co-organitzed with the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), focuses on the crucial and changing roles of teachers in supporting student learning in the digital world. This includes the creation of enabling conditions that encourage learning personalization, learner agency and self-direction:
- Experiences of learner empowerment resulting from balanced “guide on the side” teaching
- Timely teaching interventions
- Consistent feedback and feedforward
- Explicit teaching of learning-to-learn strategies
- Assessment for learning
- Technology-based adaptive teaching
Presentation of research results, reviews of existing results (including empirical or theoretical studies, policy reviews, comprehensive case studies), and project results that are in a conclusive phase. Paper submission.
Work-in-progress, initial research results, projects in early stages of development, and case studies. Poster presentations will be themed in related sessions. Poster submission.
A PhD Student Symposium will take place as part of the RW to foster the exchange of experiences and knowledge among doctoral students doing research in the area of the event’s theme, while providing a discussion forum for the advancement of doctoral research. Submit your abstract before 9 July 2018. More information.
You may also be interested in...
- International experts agree on the need for Science and Technology to go hand in hand with the Humanities to face present and future global challenges. This is the main conclusion that has been drawn at the International Conference on Humanities and Higher Education: Generating Synergies between...
- The 2030 Agenda requires effective collaborations between all stakeholders in order to achieve the seventeen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Only through close collaboration, can there be any possibility of finding global solutions to the world’s current and future challenges. Partnerships are...
- The first International Conference on Sustainable Development Goals: Actors and Implementation, which was organized by the Global University Network for Innovation (GUNi), took place from 18-19 September 2017 in Barcelona. Academics, researchers, policy-makers, managers, civil society organizations,...
- The ACUP has adhered to the European Citizen Initiative " We are a welcoming Europe: let us help! " In order to achieve its processing, one million signatures of European citizens before 15 February 2019 (ideally before the end of years) are required in at least 7 member states of the European Union...