Call for Papers: EDEN’s 2018 Workshop Towards Personalized Guidance and Support for Learning
EDEN’s 2018 Workshop Towards Personalized Guidance and Support for Learning, co-organitzed with the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), focuses on the crucial and changing roles of teachers in supporting student learning in the digital world. This includes the creation of enabling conditions that encourage learning personalization, learner agency and self-direction:
- Experiences of learner empowerment resulting from balanced “guide on the side” teaching
- Timely teaching interventions
- Consistent feedback and feedforward
- Explicit teaching of learning-to-learn strategies
- Assessment for learning
- Technology-based adaptive teaching
Presentation of research results, reviews of existing results (including empirical or theoretical studies, policy reviews, comprehensive case studies), and project results that are in a conclusive phase. Paper submission.
Work-in-progress, initial research results, projects in early stages of development, and case studies. Poster presentations will be themed in related sessions. Poster submission.
A PhD Student Symposium will take place as part of the RW to foster the exchange of experiences and knowledge among doctoral students doing research in the area of the event’s theme, while providing a discussion forum for the advancement of doctoral research. Submit your abstract before 9 July 2018. More information.
You may also be interested in...
- "UPF feels fully called to act in view of the fact that the planet’s natural resources continue to deteriorate at an unprecedented pace and recognizes this as an emergency that, as proposed by the UN, requires drastic strategies”. This sentence is part of the institutional climate emergency...
- More than 30 representatives of Catalan, public and private universities participated on February 22 in the informative session on the system of higher education and research in Malaysia. During the session, Dr. Abdullah of the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia presented the Malaysian higher education...
- The TeRRIFICA kick-off meeting has connected for the first time the members of eight institutions across Europe, and has provided an extensive overview of the project’s aims and objectives for the upcoming three years and a half. During the meeting, hosted by Wissenschaftsladen Bonn Monday and...
- International experts agree on the need for Science and Technology to go hand in hand with the Humanities to face present and future global challenges. This is the main conclusion that has been drawn at the International Conference on Humanities and Higher Education: Generating Synergies between...