Call for Abstracts: 2nd HEIRRI Conference:
In this 2nd HEIRRI Conference we welcome contributions presenting RRI practices, projects, programmes and initiatives that demonstrate the application of RRI in higher education. The Conference will be held in Vienna, Austria, next April 27th, 2018.
Specifically, we would like to invite applications that put a spotlight on activities designed to integrate more democratic governance in research and innovation with an emphasis on positive societal impacts along with a promotion and application of a more anticipatory, reflexive, inclusive and responsive approach to research and innovation into higher education curricula. The main emphasis should be placed on specific educational outcomes and achievements. We welcome applications from different countries, context and disciplines, both from the humanities and the natural and social sciences.
- Opening of abstract submission: October 26th, 2017
- Deadline for abstract submission: December 10th, 2017 (23:59 European Central Time)
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: December 20th, 2017
Rules for submission
- Participants are invited to submit original scientific abstracts for poster or verbal presentation (speed-dating session).
- Based on the authors’ preferences and the abstracts accepted, contributions will be located to either the speed-dating session or as poster presentations.
- The verbal presentation can either be a simple verbal intervention or can be conducted with the help of your own tablet or laptop or visual aids, leaflets and similar.
- For the speed-dating session, the time limit of 3 minutes must be respected.
- Abstracts should be written in English using a clear style. Max. of 2.000 characters.
- We recommend that abstracts are carefully compiled and thoroughly checked before submission, in particular the list of authors, to avoid last minute changes.
- Abstracts need to be submitted
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the conference by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors, provided that the abstract is finally accepted.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection by the Conference Committee will be mailed to the submitting author at the e-mail address supplied by December 20th.
- Accepted abstracts will be published electronically as a single volume at the HEIRRI website.
You may also be interested in...
- The second and last HEIRRI Conference celebrated in Vienna on April 27th 2018 has gathered around 150 people from 43 countries under the title “Education towards a responsible society, transforming universities through RRI”. The event has been centred in discussing about RRI teaching and learning,...
- GUNi has participated at the European Social Responsibility Days (#EUSRdays) , hosted yesterday and today at the European Parliament in Brussels and the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB). GUNi has presented the EC-funded HEIRRI , the 6th GUNi report 'Towards a Socialy Responsible University -...
- The IAU 15th General Conference ‘ Higher Education: A catalyst for innovative and sustainable societies ’, held on 13-16th November 2016 in Bangkok , Thailand, focuses on sharing strategies and practices that demonstrate how higher education institutions contribute to innovation and sustainability....
- The new HEIRRI database is now published online and available for everyone interested in RRI and RRI learning! The database compiles 23 exemplary cases related to RRI and RRI learning in higher education institutions , such as EU projects, different teaching/pedagogical approaches, programmes and...