Launches "University, We Are Shelter" campaign in favor of Asylum Law and refugees
With the “University, We Are Shelter” campaign, we want to respond to the misinformation and false myths surrounding refugees in order to deal with xenophobic discourses.
Promoted by the UNHCR (UN Refugee Agency - Catalan Committee) and with the participation of Catalan public universities, the campaign aims to promote a university community that is aware, trained and mobilized around people's human rights. affected by forced displacement under the 2030 Agenda.
"University, We Are Refuge" offers several ways to participate through:
- Digital Volunteering Program
- Design and implementation of their own awareness campaign; This is a free online training with academic recognition (1 ECTS credit).
- Participation in the Asylum Agora 2030; conferences aimed at building a university committed to refugees
- Mentoring a refugee
More information at www.somrefugi.org
You may also be interested in...
Catalan public universities, members of the ACUP, work together to support refugees
The ACUP has adhered to the European Citizen Initiative "We are a welcoming Europe: let us help!" In order to achieve its processing, one million signatures of European citizens before 15 February 2019 (ideally before the end of years) are required in at least 7 member states of the European Union...
- The Association of Catalan Public Universities took part on Thursday, December 10, 2015 on the 48th European Seminar of the Academic Cooperation Association (ACA) held in Brussels. The central issue of the Seminar was "The international refugee crisis. What role for European higher education?". The...
- The Association of Catalan Public Universities (ACUP) promotes and facilitates the active involvement of communities in their initiatives and actions related to the reception of refugees arrived to Catalonia. Talks on the Syrian conflict, to facilitate newcomers access to academic activities or to...