ACUP’s main goal, within its international role, is to support the Catalan public universities in their internationalisation activities around the world, always seeking quality and global commitment.
In order to achieve a successful internationalisation, joint mechanisms and strategies as an integrated public university system have to be set and promoted. Catalonia has to become an international referent for its university capabilities in quality training, excellent scientific research and innovation at the service of progress, both for its country and citizens and the international community.
The Plan 2017-2020 has a smaller format, less strategies and a time-frame of 4 years with the objective of being more operative and achievable. Each year, ACUP’s International Relations Commission will elaborate an Operative Plan, where the activities to be developed will be prioritized.
In the Plan 2017-2020, the number of priorities is the same as in the previous Plan, although the titles and the contents have been adapted to the new context:
- Training for a global citizenship
- International research and innovation
- Global social commitment
- Catalan culture in the world
- Communication and international visibility
- International observatory
The Plan’s final objective is to promote training and research aligned with global values, innovative and socially committed and which can position Catalonia as the referent area of university excellence in Southern Europe.
Catalan public universities have issued a joint and proactive response to meet the challenges of the current global society
You may also be interested in...
- The Global University Network for Innovation is an International network created in 1999 within the framework of the UNITWIN/UNESCO Chairs Programme,...
- One of the most important activities carried out by ACUP, within the International Relations Plan, is to promote the Catalan university system in the...
- One of the key strategies of ACUP’s International Relations Plan is to strengthen the international presence in forums, fairs, international organizat...
- The Association of Catalan Public Universities (ACUP) has elaborated and presented the new Internationalisation Plan of the Catalan Public Universities for the period 2017-2020. The plan is a continuation of the previous one (2010-2015) although it rethinks global ideas and values in the present con...