The Catalan public universities vindicate dialogue as the only possible way to face the situation in Catalonia
The undersigning, Rectors of Catalan public universities, before the current situation Catalonia is living, condemn the coercive episodes of the freedom of expression that are taking place in recent days.
We vindicate dialogue as the only possible way for understanding under democracy, stemming from the conviction that freedom of expression and respect to one another and to the law are essential and irrevocable pillars of democracy.
The universal vision that lays at the core of the university obliges to observe the most fundamental values underpinning coexistence and the rights of people. All authorities and institutions must act with scrupulous respect for these original values of democracy and freedom.
- Margarita Arboix, rector of Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB)
- Sergi Bonet, rector of Universitat de Girona (UdG)
- Jaume Casals, rector of Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF)
- Joan Elias, rector of Universitat de Barcelona (UB)
- Roberto Fernández, rector of Universitat de Lleida (UdL)
- Josep Anton Ferré, rector of Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV)
- Enric Fossas, rector of Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)
- Joan Anton Planell, rector of Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)
You may also be interested in...
- Today, September 21, the highest authorities of all universities and research centres in Catalonia (some sixty institutions representing almost 90% of the system) have met to assess the situation created in Catalonia as a result of the actions of the Spanish State in recent days. Representatives of...
- The Catalan university system, represented by the Secretary of Universities and Research of the Catalan Government, Francesc Xavier Grau , the general secretary of the Interuniversity Council of Catalonia (CIC), Lluís Baulenas , representatives of the universities and the ACUP, participate in the...
- Five Catalan public universities are among the ten Spanish universities (public and private) that render more acording to the Knowledge and Development Foundation (CYD) ranking . The ranking classifies 73 of the 82 universities that exist in Spain according to the number of performance indicators...
- On 6, 7 and 8 February 2018 over 200 conferences in different teaching centres will be offered on all the UAB's bachelor's degrees, including new academic programmes . The conference will be given by UAB professors. It is the best way to discover first-hand the academic programme each student is...